Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chasing my own tail

I have a ritual/routine for New Years Eve.  I buy myself a bottle of nice champagne, perhaps even strawberries or strawberry liquor and I sit down and watch "Dinner for One" on SBS and try and keep up with the butler. 

Then I usually have to go have a lie down, cause finishing a bottle of champagne in half an hour makes a girl a little dizzy and then I sleep through the fireworks.

Not sure how long parent is going to be here, if she comes.  I know I was told.  I think I've blocked it out - lol.

Have to work on ways to get out of a family NYE if she is here.  It is the one thing I will not compromise on.  I like to have my New Years Eves to myself.  I think back over the past year.  Perhaps have a little cry.  Try and put myself into a positive mindset for the coming year.  New Years Eve is important to me.

Sometimes I find passive smoking soothing.  I put this down to my parents and other family all being smokers when I was growing up.  I am considering investing in a packet of cigarettes or cigars for this next few weeks, to burn like incense. 

Usually I have a wading pool for Christmas day, but there is a dengue fever outbreak here and that would be the height of foolishness.  The mosquito inspectors would crucify me.  It was front page again today.  They found 2000 breeding sites on 500 properties.  I cannot help but think that a bout of dengue fever would be a fitting cap to my year.

Note to self:  buy insect repellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment